This can be a sign that the bacteria in your gut is out of balance. Your gut contains good and bad bacteria. It is vital to add foods to your diet that help to promote good bacteria.
Taking a good probiotic supplement is one way to replace the good bacteria but here are a few foods you can add to your diet to make a happy, healthy tummy.
- YOGHURT – Full fat, NO SUGAR, plain yoghurt with active probiotics
- KEFIR – a milk drink made with a starter culture (try a coconut kefir if you are avoiding dairy – YUM)
- SAUERKRAUT – fermented cabbage
- MISO PASTE – fermented soy beans
- KOMBUCHA – a refreshing fermented drink
Things to avoid if your gut is unhappy
- SUGAR – bad bacteria feeds off this stuff
- Too much coffee
- If you suspect other food intolerances it is advisable to seek help to identify these triggers.
Happy tummy means a healthy body…