Whether you need to lose weight, improve your health or train for a big event my philosophy on food remains pretty much the same.
If you fuel your body well most of the time then it can handle your favourite indulgence every once in a while.
- Base you diet around vegetable, especially leafy green – also include some brightly coloured vegetables
Include some type of protein at each meal.
- Eggs (organic or free range)
- Beef, lamb, pork (grass fed)
- Poultry (organic)
- Fish (sustainably fished)
- Good quality protein powder
Fats are essential to your body but choose the ones that your body can use
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Macadamia oil
- Avocado/avocado oil
Try to include some fruits lower in fructose
- strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapefruit are great
NUTS AND SEEDS
Always raw and possibly activate if you have problems digesting them.
DAIRY (for some people only)
Full fat no sugar dairy
Pure and fresh and lots of it
If you fuel your body this way most of the time you will give your body the best chance to function at its peak.
More information on what NOT to include next week.
Until then be healthy, be happy x