One question I am often asked is which muesli bar is the best. I would suggest that you make your own so you can be 100% sure of what goes into it. Here is my new favourite…
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter or any nut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped raw mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cranberries or other dried fruit
- 1 cup coconut flakes (roughly chopped)
Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine nuts, pepitas, coconut flour, salt, cranberries, chia seeds and coconut flakes.
Place rice malt syrup and nut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to soften, mix well.
Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
Press mixture into lined baking pan. Press down firmly with wet fingers.
Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
Cut into 8 bars
TIP : You can wrap bars in cling wrap and store in freezer for individual use