Cauliflower is a great substitute for rice if you are avoiding grain. If you haven’t been converted yet then you must give this one a try.
BACON & KALE FRIED “CAULI” RICE
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 3 rashers bacon – finely diced
- 3 pieces kale – finely chopped (stalks removed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3cm piece ginger – finely grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari or coconut aminos
Chop cauliflower into small florets and process in a food processor until it resembles rice grains.
Alternatively use a grater to get the same result.
Heat 1/2 of the coconut oil in a frypan and add onion, garlic & ginger. Saute until onion is soft.
Add bacon and kale and cook for a further 2 minutes until kale is softened & bacon is browned.
Add remaining coconut oil and cauliflower rice and stir fry for about 2 minutes until rice is just tender.
Add tamari or coconut aminos to season and stir through.
Coconut aminos are a substitute for soy sauce for those who don’t tolerate soy.
Tamari is a wheat free soy sauce