Having a digestive system that is working efficiently is vitally important. Here are my top 5 tips to get your tummy back on track.
- Start the day with a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice.
- Try adding some fermented vegetables to every meal. For example sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Make a big bone broth and use the broth for cooking or drink a mug or two a day.
- Use apple cider vinegar as dressing with some good quality olive oil.
- Always cook with coconut oil – remember that good fat DOESN’T make you fat…..
Remember also to avoid the foods that will cause your digestive system to be compromised in the first place. The top offenders are;
- Artificial sweeteners
- Fatty/fried foods
- Most commercial snack foods
- Excess coffee/tea
Try to include these strategies every day and make them part of your eating plan. Simple steps become habits if practiced for a few weeks.