This twist on the traditional chicken noodle soup soothes the belly and the soul as well as being kind on your waistline.
CHICKEN ZOODLE SOUP
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth (search for BONE BROTH on website)
- 1 clove garlic – bruised
- 2cm piece ginger cut in half
- 1/2 large chilli – seeds removed
- 1/2 stalk lemon grass – cut into 3 and bruised
- 100g chicken breast
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large zucchini – made into noodles with a spiraliser or vegetable peeler
- Large handful basil
Place chicken broth in a saucepan along with garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon grass & sea salt. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 –30 minutes.
Remove aromatics and leave broth in saucepan.
Bring back to boil and add thinly sliced chicken breast and zucchini noodles. Cover, turn off heat and let chicken and noodles poach for 10 minutes.
Finish with a squeeze of lime juice, torn basil leaves and a few slices of chilli for garnish.