This is a tasty Chicken Curry for the whole family. Serve with coconut rice and extra greens for an weeknight meal.
- 500g chicken breast or thighs diced
- Curry mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
Heat oil in a large frypan and add carrots, diced chicken and curry mix. Saute until chicken is browned.
Add stock bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
With a slotted spoon remove chicken & carrots into a separate bowl.
Add coconut milk to stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat a simmer until the sauce thickens.
Return chicken and carrots to sauce and heat through.
Serve over cauliflower rice, top with chopped coriander and chopped cashews.