Gluten free, dairy free, vegan and Paleo Friendly. A lovely treat without the guilt.
RAW PECAN SLICE
- 5 dates
- 200g almond meal
- 50g pecans (plus 16 pecans for topping)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 100g organic dark chocolate (dairy free)
- Place dates, almonds meal, pecans, cashew butter, coconut oil, rice malt, cacao, vanilla, cinnamon & water in a food processor and blitz until resembles a sticky crumb.
- If mixture is too dry add up to a tablespoon water slowly until a sticky consistency.
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place mixture into tin and press down firmly.
- Chop chocolate into small squares and place in a small glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir, then 30 seconds and stir – continue with this until chocolate has melted. Spread evenly over slice.
- Score the slice into 16 squares and top each square with half a pecan.
- Place in freezer for half an hour before cutting into pieces.
- Store in fridge or freezer in a container.