I love Christmas Cake and am so excited to share this recipe. It is free from gluten, dairy, grain and refined sugar.
PALEO CHRISTMAS CAKE
- 2 cups xmas dried fruit mix
- Juice of 2 oranges and zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup blanched flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Put the xmas dried fruit mix, coconut sugar, juice of 2 oranges and zest of 1 orange in a saucepan and bring to boil. Turn off heat immediately and allow to sit until cool.
- Grease a 23cm round cake tin with a little coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Add eggs to fruit mixture and stir to combine. Then fold in tapioca flour, coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and decorate with the blanched almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst hot drizzle rice malt syrup over the cake and spread out with a pastry brush for a glossy finish.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool.