Chocolate cookies are a favourite for afternoon tea but the difference is that these little beauties are free from gluten, dairy, grain and refined sugar. A sweet treat without the bloat.
CLEAN CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 40g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 50g blanched almond meal
- 30g tapioca flour
- 30g coconut flour
- 35g organic dark chocolate (dairy free if possible)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, guar gum and sea salt. Mix together with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Add chocolate to dough and combine.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and flatten slightly on baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.