This raw chocolate slice if perfect for those after dinner moments when you need a little something. The great thing is that you will only need one to satisfy those craving as they are rich and nutrient dense.
FERRERO ROCHER SLICE
- 200g roasted hazelnuts with skin removed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g organic dark chocolate (preferably dairy free)
- Place 150g roasted hazelnuts in a high speed blender or food processor. Reserve 50g roasted hazelnuts for the topping.
- Add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, coconut milk powder, raw cacao and vanilla extract to blender. Process until ingredients form a sticky dough.
- Line the base of a 10cm x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Spread mixture evenly over the base of pan. Press the reserved roasted hazelnuts into the base mixture.
- Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and place in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Microwave on high for another 30 seconds and stir. Repeat for a further 30 seconds if necessary to melt chocolate.
- Spread melted chocolate over the base and hazelnuts.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into 12 pieces and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.