Sometimes it is just nice to have a piece of bread to spread with avocado or a lovely nut butter or chia jam. If you avoid grain, gluten and dairy this can be a bit tricky. This grainy loaf is just perfect and even better toasted.
SEED AND NUT LOAF
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds and save 1 tablespoon to sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Place pecans and seeds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda and guar gum and pulse to combine.
- Add eggs, milk, olive oil, rice malt, vinegar and salt. Process until combined.
- Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes for the coconut flour to expand.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour mixture in. Sprinkle with reserved seed mix.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until bread is golden brown and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Allow to cool. Bread keeps nicely in the fridge for about 5 days or wrap individual slices in cling wrap and store in freezer.
MAKES 12 slices