There is nothing better than a cookie with your cuppa in the morning. Here is a lovely Macadamia Cookie that is grain, dairy and refined sugar free. A little indulgence that your body will thank you for.
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, coconut, macadamia nuts and salt. Mix until combined.
- Combine coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan and melt over a gently heat.
- Pour boiling water over baking powder in a small dish and add to the melted oil & syrup.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and using a tablespoon measure portions, roll into balls and place onto tray.
- Place tray in fridge for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flatten slightly. Place back in the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on tray. Store in an airtight container.
Makes about 12 cookies.