Who would know that this moist chocolate cake is full of zucchini, free from grain, gluten, dairy and refined sugar! Its a win, win situation..
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon guar gum
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 200g dark chocolate (dairy free if possible)
- 100g coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Grate the zucchini into a food processor.
- Add the cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, guar gum, salt and cinnamon.
- Then add coconut oil, rice malt syrup, eggs, milk and vanilla paste.
- Blend until combined, scrape down the sides and then blend again until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a small loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until firm in the centre.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool slightly before icing.
TO MAKE ICING
- Chop dark chocolate into small chunks and place in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds then remove and stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring inbetween until melted.
- Add the coconut cream to the melted chocolate and whisk with a small hand whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour icing over the cooled cake.
- Slice and serve. Freezes well if sliced individually and wrapped in cling wrap (if you haven’t eating it all first!!)